From Councilor Isaac Benton:
The next City Council meeting is Monday, November 21 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall: Agenda.
Last weekend, I attended the New Mexico Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (NMASLA) Awards Gala. I was happy to see that three projects I supported and helped to fund received awards
NMALSA has been a great partner in civic improvement, including strong support for our Complete Streets Policies. I am also working with NMASLA on a Neighborhood Street Tree program and look forward to sharing more information about that effort soon!
Legislation of Interest
- R-16-109 Comprehensive Plan Update (Jones, Benton) will have a second hearing at the Land Use Planning & Zoning (LUPZ) Committee on Wednesday, December 14 in the Council Committee Room, 9th floor of City Hall. This is an update to long-standing regional growth policy and I encourage you to become familiar with it if you have not already. A redline draft of the ABC Comp Plan that incorporates the Environmental Planning Commission’s recommended Conditions of Approval is available for review at the ABC-Z website. There will be opportunities to comment at the committee meetings and before the Council as a whole. You may also send written comments to Crystal Ortega, Council Clerk at email@example.com. If you have questions, contact Andrew Webb at awebb or 768-3161.
- Adoption of the Alameda Drain & Trail Master Plan R-16-110 (Benton) is on Monday’s agenda. The master plan is the product of a joint effort by the City of Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (MRCGD), and the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority (AMAFCA). It provides a framework for a well-connected, cohesive, aesthetic formal multi-use trail and other amenities along the Alameda Drain corridor that runs from Interstate 40 to the northern end of 2nd Street.
- Rio Grande Boulevard Complete Street Test Project: This project is scheduled to begin November 21 and should be complete within 2 weeks, weather permitting.
- Girard Boulevard Complete Streets Master Plan: This plan is expected to be implemented in Spring 2017! I have provided additional funds to address sidewalk deficiencies on Girard north of Lomas.
- 12th & Menaul Complete Street Improvements: The 12th Street phase of this project will be publicly bid for construction in early 2017.
- North Corridor MRA: The Planning Department has a new web page for the North Corridor Metropolitan Redevelopment Area and is looking for input from the community to draft an MRA plan. You can submit comments from the web page.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Valley Area Command Citizens Policing Council (VACCPC): There are changes to the meeting schedule due to the holidays. The next Valley Area CPC meeting will be on December 15.
- Free Classical Music Performances Downtown: First Wednesday of the month at 12:05 pm, September – May
- ABQ365 Events: Year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ABQtodo: More year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ART Employment Opportunities: Browse and apply for ART construction-related jobs.
- ABC-Z Project: A draft of the Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO), which updates the City’s zoning code, is available for review and comment. Review the draft here. You may submit comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be additional opportunity to comment throughout the approval process at the Environmental Planning Commission and City Council.
- APD Seeking Public Input on Newly Reformed Policies
- Behavioral Health Initiative: The next meeting of the ABCGC is Thursday, December 29 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall. The Albuquerque Bernalillo County Government Commission (ABCGC) is working to create a comprehensive behavioral health system.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: Several boards have vacancies – apply to serve!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
City Councilor, District 2
My office receives many responses to the newsletter and I appreciate hearing from you! For tracking purposes, please change the subject line if you reply to this email.
Please send an email to ddolan with “subscribe” or “unsubscribe” in the subject-line if you would like to be added to or removed from this newsletter list.