The next City Council meeting is Wednesday, January 4 at 5:00 pm in the Vincent Griego Chambers, basement level of City Hall: Agenda.
Legislation of Interest
- R-16-147 Candelaria Farm Preserve (Benton) reaffirms that the Candelaria Farm Preserve is to be managed as a nature study area and wildlife preserve. It also directs the Open Space Division and Parks and Recreation Department to convene a technical advisory group and immediately begin the process of creating a new Resource Management Plan. This bill is on the January 4 agenda.
- R-17-153 Transfer Station Economic Impact Evaluation (Benton) calls for an economic impact evaluation relating to the City’s proposed Solid Waste Transfer Station and Convenience Center at Comanche and Edith, to be completed before the City takes any further steps towards completion of the project. I will be introducing this legislation for immediate action at the January 4 meeting.
- R-16-109 Comprehensive Plan Update (Jones, Benton) will be on the Council’s January 4 agenda. This is an update to long-standing regional growth policy and I encourage you to become familiar with it if you have not already. A draft of the ABC Comp Plan, including proposed changes, is available for review at the ABC-Z website. You have the opportunity to speak at City Council and can also send written comments to Crystal Ortega, Council Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, contact Andrew Webb email@example.com or 768-3161.
- Project List
- Girard Boulevard Complete Streets Master Plan: This plan is expected to be implemented in Spring 2017! I have provided additional funds to address sidewalk deficiencies on Girard north of Lomas.
- 12th & Menaul Complete Street Improvements: The 12th Street phase of this project will be publicly bid for construction in early 2017.
- North Corridor MRA: The Planning Department has a new web page for the North Corridor Metropolitan Redevelopment Area and is looking for input from the community to draft an MRA plan. You can submit comments from the web page.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
- Free Classical Music Performances Downtown: First Wednesday of the month at 12:05 pm, September – May
- ABQ365 Events: Year-round events in Albuquerque!
- ABQtodo: More year-round events in Albuquerque!
- Southwest Bike Initiative: A new local nonprofit advancing walking, cycling and all forms of sustainable transportation to benefit society and improve people’s lives.
- ABC-Z Project: A draft of the Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO), which updates the City’s zoning code, is available for review and comment. Review the draft here. You may submit comments firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be additional opportunity to comment throughout the approval process at the Environmental Planning Commission and City Council.
- Boards and Commissions Vacancies: Several boards have vacancies – apply to serve!
Happy New Year!
City Councilor, District 2
My office receives many responses to the newsletter and I appreciate hearing from you! For tracking purposes, please change the subject line if you reply to this email.
Please send an email to email@example.com with “subscribe” or “unsubscribe” in the subject-line if you would like to be added to or removed from this newsletter list.