Correction to December Neighborhood News – Green Waste Pickup
The Green Waste pickup article in the December Neighborhood News has been corrected to reflect that green waste must be put into separate trash bags and placed five (5) feet from trash and recycle bins for pickup. A corrected PDF version is attached and the updated online link is available here:https://www.cabq.gov/office-of-neighborhood-coordination/neighborhood-newsletter/?eff We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Bikeshare Program Looking to Expand and Needs Your Input!
The Rio Metro Regional Transit District is looking to expand the bikeshare program beyond downtown in 2018, and would like your feedback on future bikeshare station locations. They are accepting feedback and suggestions at the following venues:
- Nob Hill Shop N’ Stroll, Thursday, Dec. 7, 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., in front of Slice Parlor Pizza.
- Rio Metro Open House, Friday, Dec. 8, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Mid-Region Council of Governments, 809 Copper NW.
- By e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information on the bikeshare program, visit: www.mrcog-nm.gov
Brainfuse HelpNow Digital Service Provides Live Tutoring Online For all Ages – English and Spanish, Too!
Have you gone online to check out Brainfuse HelpNow yet? This free academic service supports numerous learning needs, and provides services such as live homework help, skills building and tutoring for kindergarten through college-level, 7 days a week, testing and video tutorials, study assessment and learning tools, and an adult learning center for those preparing for GED and USCIS citizenship. Services are offered in both English and Spanish. Accessthis free amazing online learning tool at: www.abqlibrary.org/helpnow
Presbyterian’s Center for Community Health Hosting Open House
The new offices of the Presbyterian Center for Community Health will be on display Thursday, Dec. 7 from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., as part of their community open house, and you’re invited! The Center works to expand community health by emphasizing healthy eating, active living and avoiding unhealthy substances. The new offices are located at 8120 Constitution Place NE, 1stFloor, Suite 120. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coloring for Grown-Ups at Erna Fergusson Library Offers Artistic Stress Relief
Do you enjoy coloring? Indulge your artistic side the first Sunday of each month from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. by joining the Coloring For Grown-Ups event at the Erna Fergusson Library at San Mateo and Comanche. Bring your friends, destress, and relax while coloring beautiful designs and patterns. All materials provided. To learn more about this, and other great programs offered at all our city libraries, visit: www.abqlibrary.org
Online Crime Mapping Tool Gives Up-To-Date Information on Crime in Your Neighborhood
Have you used Albuquerque Police Department’s (APD) Crime Mapping Tool yet? This free online tool allows you to see what types of crime are happening in specific neighborhoods across town. It is updated regularly, so you might want to bookmark it and check it regularly. Or you can sign up for alerts! Visit:https://www.cabq.gov/police/online-services/crime-mapping/ to learn more.
Neighborhood Association (NA) Meetings Around Town
- Holiday Park NA, Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 6:00 p.m., Holiday Park Community Center. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Southwest Alliance of Neighborhood (SWAN), Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 6:00 p.m., Alamosa Community Center. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Raynolds Addition NA, Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 7:00 p.m., Washington Middle School Library. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- West Old Town NA, Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 6:00 p.m., Los Duranes Community Center. E-mail: Bengpl150@comcast.net for more information.
- Victory Hills NA, Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m., Loma Linda Community Center. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- District 7 Coalition of NAs, Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m., YMCA, 4901 Indian School NE. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Santa Barbara Martineztown NA, Thursday, Dec. 7 at 4:00 p.m., Santa Barbara Community Center Meeting Room. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Silver Platinum Downtown NA, Thursday, Dec. 7 at 5:30 p.m., Imperial Building Community Room. E-mail: email@example.com for more information.
Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Are you part of an existing neighborhood association, or considering starting a new one? Why not look into having a post office box specifically for your association’s mail and correspondence? It makes it much easier for your elected board members to send and receive correspondence, and allows more than one person to access information. This can be helpful if you have new board members, or if board members are out of town. It also makes it safer for any financial transactions to be sent to a post office box.
Neighborhood Communication Liaison, Office of Neighborhood Coordination (ONC)
City Council Department
(505) 768-3331 Office