IDO Training Sessions and Study Halls and Community Planning Area (CPA) Training Sessions Starting this Week
Mayor Keller and the City of Albuquerque want to help you learn more about the new land use, zoning, and planning regulations that are part of the Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO), before it becomes effective on May 17. It’s important to know how to use the new regulations and how they may impact your property or your part of town. Come to a daytime or evening IDO training session at a location convenient to you. Learn more at:www.abc-zone.com
This week’s CPA Training Session, for the Mid-Heights CPA:
· Thursday, Jan. 18, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., Erna Fergusson Library, 3700 San Mateo Blvd. NE
This week’s Training Session and Study Hall:
· Friday, Jan. 19, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., at Plaza del Sol, 600 2nd St. NW, Basement Hearing Room.
Neighborhood Association Meetings Across Town
· Sawmill Area NA, Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m., Sawmill Lofts. E-mail:sanaboard for more information.
· Santa Fe Village NA, Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 6:00 p.m. E-mail:judahjam for more information.
· Los Duranes NA, Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m., Los Duranes Community Center. E-mail: lee for more information.
· Hodgin NA, Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m., Hodgin Elementary Cafeteria. E-mail: hodginna for more information.
· District 4 Coalition of NAs, Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 6:30 p.m. E-mail:michael for more information.
· Elder Homestead NA, Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:00 p.m., Cesar Chavez Community Center. E-mail: carlpennington1004 for more information.
· Santa Barbara Martineztown NA, Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:00 p.m., 1420 Edith NE. E-mail: sbmartineztown for more information.
· South Broadway NA, Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:00 p.m., South Broadway Cultural Center. E-mail: sbnaabq for more information.
Cruising Task Force Seeks Applicants and Recommendations on Responsible Cruising
Community members are being sought to apply and serve on the newly created Cruising Task Force, where they can offer recommendations and explore options on responsible cruising in the city of Albuquerque. The Task Force will have 10 members total, three of whom will be car club representatives and three of whom will be merchant representatives. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the future of cruising and classic cars in our community! Application deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 31, and you can apply at: www.cabq.gov/council/cruising-task-force-application-form
Behavioral Health Subcommittees Seeking Community Applicants
Resumes are being accepted for subcommittees as part of the Behavioral Health Initiative (BHI), a joint effort between the City of Albuquerque, Bernalillo County and University of New Mexico Hospitals. Subcommittee members will help prioritize behavioral health spending across four areas: Crisis Services; Prevention; Intervention and Harm Reduction; Supportive Housing; and Community Support. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to:bhinitiative no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 2.
Community Policing Council (CPC) Meetings This Week
· Northwest Area Command CPC, Tuesday, Jan. 16 at 6:00 p.m., NW Substation, 10401 Cibola Loop NW.
· Southeast Area Command CPC, Thursday, Jan. 18 at 6:00 p.m., Cesar Chavez Community Center.
For a complete listing of all CPC meeting dates, times, and locations, visit:www.cabq.gov/police/community-policing-council
LEGO Club Brings Toy-Building Fun to Los Griegos Library Every Third Thursday
Are you a LEGO-loving kid at heart? Why not join in the all-ages fun this Thursday, Jan. 18 at the Los Griegos Library, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and play for an hour? The library provides the LEGOs to any kid over 5 years, so leave yours at home (to step on barefoot later!) and come play! Visit:www.abclibrary.org for more information on library events and programs.
DreamBuilder Classes Offered to Spanish-Speaking Community Entrepreneurs
DreamBuilder is a program, hosted by the WESST, that teaches business skill development for entrepreneurs, covering topics such as: starting a small business, running an existing small or medium business, and ways to support and increase success and income. The upcoming DreamBuilder curriculum will be taught in Spanish, as a way to encourage development of more Spanish-speaking businesses within the Albuquerque Community. To sign up for this class, visit: https://www.wesst.org/training-event/construyendo-su-sueno-un-curso-hibrido-de-planificacion-de-negocios-2-2/
Reminder: Westgate Library Closed for Remodeling
Just a reminder that the Westgate Library is currently closed for remodeling. It is expected to reopen in the spring. We will keep you posted!
Neighborhood Communication Liaison, Office of Neighborhood Coordination (ONC)
City Council Department
(505) 768-3331 Office